Friday, December 31, 2004

PDP-505XDE Pioneer Plasma TV�-�Visual�Entertainment

PDP-505XDE Pioneer Plasma TV�-�Visual�Entertainment
Well yesterday I went out and did it and bought a Plasma. I've been promising myself one for ages.


If you've ever seen the new PDP-505XDE it just beats EVERYTHING out there, of course it's going to be short lived and someone will come out with a better screen r.s.n. but hey it works for me.


The media box that comes with it has a slew of interface including HDMI, so I had to get a DV-868AVi-S DVD player which also happens to do DVD-Audio and SACD, just need to get the 5.1 system now to meet (and a new house to put it all in).


I played some of Gattica (which I got as a Superbit DVD, no extras, just movie encoded at a higher bitrate than the normal one), picture is STUNNING. In some ways it shows the artifacts from the film - as an aside while at IBC I saw a demo of the last James Bond film in HDTV on the plasma, it REALLY showed up the CGI stuff which didn't look real, while on a normal system (i.e. non HDTV) looked great.


It's definately the best one on the market at the moment.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?