Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Apple Powerbook 12"

All I can say is that its a lovely machine. Since I lost my work laptop (well had to give it back) I've been playing with a JVC MiniNote, but I had to give that back too (though it was quite nice, it's not really useful as a work system).

I managed to use a contact to get a discount and took the plunge and bought a Powerbook, the screen's nice and the keyboard is perfectly adequate for typing on. It's a great machine.

It comes with Airport Extreme, Bluetooth (and an internal modem and Ethernet). It joined my home (WEP) wireless network first time, though it didn't seem to want to register my .Mac account (though it was all OK when I logged into the mac itself).

It's got Tiger, which to me doesn't seem that different from Panther - though I was never a "power user" in terms of the nice gui stuff.

Just need to install Office, and it will be a perfectly usable portable system.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?